Banana Nut Breakfast Cake
Looking for some hearty fall bakes? Try this healthy homemade banana nut breakfast cake!
Shhhhhh… Don’t tell anyone that it’s gluten free!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 cups assorted nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup banana slices
- 1 cup strawberry slices
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix almond milk, egg, apple sauce and vanilla in baking dish.
- In separate bowl, combine all other ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry mixes into one bowl and mix lightly.
- Pour into baking pan and add dried fruits, fresh fruits, coconut, chocolate chips to the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
- Great topped with a dollop of vanilla greek yogurt!
Pro Tip: Make this recipe vegan by replacing the egg with another ½ cup of apple sauce.
October 12, 2017
June 27, 2017
April 08, 2017