Community

SUDBURY COMMUTER CHALLENGE IS UNDERWAY

Its time to step up your environmental game and join reThink Green in the 2019 Sudbury Commuter Challenge! June 2nd – 8th give an eco-friendly mode of transportation a try. Walk, carpool, bike, use transit to your destination or even connect online and stay home (pjs optional). This is a group effort to engage commuters in more sustainable forms of travel and perhaps not so coincidentally coincides with Canadian Environment Week. Here in Sudbury city council just unanimously declared a state of climate emergency on May 29th, what better way to start off this commitment on the right foot!......

Continue Reading

There is No PLANet B
Community |
April 25, 2019

There is No PLANet B

If you are interested in making a change in your community and want to learn more about climate change, join Plastic-Free Greater Sudbury and Coalition for a Liveable Sudbury for No PLANet B on Monday, April 29th at the Living with Lakes Centre (840 Ramsey Lake Road). The event starts at 6pm and guest will view a 30 minute documentary ‘A Plastic Ocean’, followed by a Climate Change Information Session. We should all be taking steps to reduce our carbon footprints and there will be hands-on support from local groups at the event to help you with this. This......

Continue Reading

LEVEL UP YOUR GAME BUILDING SKILLS AT NORTHERN GAME DESIGN CHALLENGE

Coders and gamers this one is for you! Its time to start strategically assembling your team for the ultimate challenge. The task? Create your own video game in 48 hours at the Northern Game Design Challenge. You read that right. FORTY. EIGHT. HOURS. With the theme for this years challenge revealed only moments before, programmers, artists and writers all put their skills to the test working together in one big creative marathon. Only one team will unlock the ultimate achievement and come out on top! Registration for teams is open right now and the competition is set for January......

Continue Reading

WORDSTOCK SUDBURY 2018 ROUND UP

Every year the Sudbury literary community gathers in a celebration called Wordstock! This is an amazing opportunity for Sudbury writers and readers alike to interact with several outstanding Northern authors as well as participate in skill building workshops. This years edition of the festival takes place November 1st-3rd at its homebase at the Clarion Hotel with off-venue locations including La Fromagerie, The Townehouse Tavern, and even a top secret living room location. You can grab your tickets here, $85 gives you all access to events over the fest or individual tickets are available. Get ready to be inspired! NOVEMBER......

Continue Reading

OUR CRATER DIGITAL TOWN HALL MUNICIPAL ELECTION 2018

Every four years Ontarians have the privilege of exercising their democratic right by casting their vote for the leader of their municipality. It’s no different in Sudbury where you can see candidate signs popping up across all areas of town. This election is especially significant in our area as it comes at a time where we find ourselves, as a City, at the crux of making some big decisions that will vastly affect the future. There are several big budget projects in the works, some ready to break ground, others remaining a source of conflict within council. It is......

Continue Reading

DIGITAL TOWN HALL ELECTION 2018: PATRICIA MILLS

Check out the rest of the Digital Town Hall responses here: Our Crater Digital Town Hall Municipal Election 2018 At the present moment we find ourselves at quite a crossroads in Greater Sudbury with many plans hanging in the balance that could change the future of our city. What is your vision for the future of Sudbury? My vision for Greater Sudbury is one of vibrant communities, supported by a strong local economy, and led by a transparent and visionary City Council. When I came to Greater Sudbury at the age of 28, my daughter and I would spend......

Continue Reading

DIGITAL TOWN HALL ELECTION 2018: DAN MELANSON

Check out the rest of the Digital Town Hall responses here: Our Crater Digital Town Hall Municipal Election 2018 At the present moment we find ourselves at quite a crossroads in Greater Sudbury with many plans hanging in the balance that could change the future of our city. What is your vision for the future of Sudbury? I will actively work to make Greater Sudbury open for business. We need to attract new businesses here. Certainly we need to work with large companies but we also need to concentrate on the smaller companies that are the backbone of our......

Continue Reading

DIGITAL TOWN HALL ELECTION 2018: JEFF HUSKA

Check out the rest of the Digital Town Hall responses here: Our Crater Digital Town Hall Municipal Election 2018 At the present moment we find ourselves at quite a crossroads in Greater Sudbury with many plans hanging in the balance that could change the future of our city. What is your vision for the future of Sudbury? I was asked this same question a few days ago by a reporter on the radio and I truly believe my vision is attainable sooner than people might think. I’ll answer the question as if I was on the water tower downtown, walking......

Continue Reading

DIGITAL TOWN HALL ELECTION 2018: BILL CRUMPLIN

Check out the rest of the Digital Town Hall responses here: Our Crater Digital Town Hall Municipal Election 2018 At the present moment we find ourselves at quite a crossroads in Greater Sudbury with many plans hanging in the balance that could change the future of our city. What is your vision for the future of Sudbury? You are absolutely right that we find ourselves at a crossroads. I feel this means we have the opportunity to rejuvenate Sudbury for the economic, social and environmental needs of the 21st Century. My vision, as listed in my platform (www.billcrumplinformayor.ca), is......

Continue Reading

DIGITAL TOWN HALL ELECTION 2018: BRIAN BIGGER

Check out the rest of the Digital Town Hall responses here: Our Crater Digital Town Hall Municipal Election 2018 At the present moment we find ourselves at quite a crossroads in Greater Sudbury with many plans hanging in the balance that could change the future of our city. What is your vision for the future of Sudbury? My vision is a City that is finally working together to grow, modernize and continue to offer reasons not just for young people to stay in Sudbury, but to come here as a destination to visit, a place to find a good......

Continue Reading