SWEET POTATO BEET FRITTATA
This is a quick and easy recipe that can be transitioned through breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is gluten free and has the option to be made dairy free. I always recommend sourcing local farm fresh eggs, there are many farms and hobby farms in the Sudbury area that using good quality farm fresh eggs shouldn’t be a challenge. Hope you enjoy whipping up this delightful recipe!
You will need:
- 4 farm fresh eggs
- 1/2 cup of Almond milk/Cow’s milk
- Half of a large Sweet Potato
- 2 small Beets
- 2 tbsp of Grapeseed Oil
- 1 small Red Onion
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup of Vegan cheese/Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, while waiting for oven, thinly slice your sweet potato and beets. Toss slices in grapeseed oil and then lay flat over a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 20 mins or until slices are tender.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add your eggs and whip with a fork, then add in your milk and whip together until fluffy. Then add in all of your spices/seasonings, salt, cumin, turmeric, thyme, paprika and mix in.
- In a round 9inch glass pan, layer the cooked sweet potatoes and beets starting at the bottom with the sweet potato, and then the beets. Chop your red onion and sprinkle on top of your layer of beets.
- Now pour your egg mixture over the layers in the pan. The eggs should cover all of the layers, and then sprinkle your cheese on top.
- Place glass pan in oven and let bake for 30-40 mins or until cooked all the way through. Remove from oven, cut into slices and serve.
October 12, 2017
June 27, 2017
February 18, 2017