Trendsetter Thursday: Stripes & Statement Necklaces
Welcome to Our Crater’s Trendsetter Thursday microblog! Here we show you our favourite looks and styles and give you some of our top fashion tips and tricks. Have any ideas for upcoming microblogs or want to know how to wear a particular item? Send to message to firstname.lastname@example.org and you might see it in a future post!
Favourite Fashion Item: Stripes and Statement Necklaces
Stripes have always been a go-to for me. Here I decided to keep the outfit light and simple, but added a striped flat. And, as for the necklace, this is one of my favourites. I’ve worn it to every possible event including weddings, parties, work, class, and even graduation! It’s a really easy way to dress up any outfit without piling on accessories. I found this particular necklace at a vendor who is always (always.) at events in Sudbury like NLFB, SummerFest, and even Rib Fest! Be on the lookout for them this summer; they sell lots of amazing broaches too – I usually add to my collection every time they are in town! You can find similar necklaces here, and here.
The shirt is a fresh take on the classic button-down; it has a cuffed sleeve and is cropped, which works well with high waisted bottoms. I found it at Forever 21 (available here, and on sale!), which, as it turns out, is a mecca for collared button-downs.
These shorts are from Banana Republic, and last I checked, they also came in pastel pink (similar style here)! Also, Banana has an excellent Petite section for us short folk.
And lastly, here are just a few of my summer essentials:
- A sturdy tote bag is always important, whether you’re bringing notebooks to work and meetings, or packing a towel for the beach! This tote in particular is something that I found at the New York Public Library (and it has a matching pencil case!).
- You can never be too prepared for the year ahead! This gorg Kate Spade 2017 Planner has everything necessary for my fellow list makers and planners, and its lightweight so it doesn’t take up much space in a bag!
- Deodorant is important (obviously), but it doesn’t hurt to have some body spray on hand during the warm summer months. I’ve always used the sprays available at Victoria’s Secret PINK. This one is available here (The purple spray also smells great too).
- I found these red cat-eye shades at the Gap, but you can always find a trendy pair of sunglasses at shops like Aldo and Stitch & Stone as well!
- Flats are always a must for summer! If my outfit consists of mostly solid colours or muted tones, I like to play with printed or brightly coloured shoes. These are actually from Ardene’s!
Be sure to share your own fashion looks with us by tagging @ourcrater on Instagram and using the hashtag #trendsetterthursday! Until next time, friends!
December 21, 2017
December 07, 2017
October 26, 2017