ALMOND COCONUT THUMB COOKIES
These are a great grab and go snack that are healthy and filling, they also are vegan and gluten free. They are quick and easy to make using minimal ingredients. If you are not a pro in the kitchen, then this is a great recipe for you!
Makes approx. 8 cookies
You will need:
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- ½ cup of raw shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- 11 dates pitted and soaked (soaking dates in water for a couple hours helps to soften them)
- ½ cup of frozen berries (either mixed or whatever kind you prefer)
- 2 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small sauce pan add your frozen berries, water, maple syrup, and chia seeds. Cook over medium and stir often. After the mixture has been boiling for approx. 10 mins it should be thicker, similar to a jam consistency if it is still runny then continue to simmer. After the mixture is thick enough remove from heat and let cool in the fridge.
- In a food processor add your almonds and coconut, process for a min or two until it is fine like grains of sand. Then add cinnamon and dates, process until it starts to clump together.
- Remove mixture from food processor and roll into 1 inch thick balls, on a greased cookie sheet spread balls out. Now flatten the balls, pressing in the centers with your thumb to create pool area (this is where your jam will go).
- Take the jam mixture you made out of the fridge and spoon it into the pool areas you make in your cookies. Fill it to the top but don’t let it overflow.
- Bake cookies in over at 350 for approx. 8 mins or until outsides turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 mins before consuming.
- Use any leftover jam for toast or pancakes 🙂
October 12, 2017
April 08, 2017
February 18, 2017