50 Items to Check off your ultimate Sudbury Winter Bucket List
We may have become slightly obsessed with bucket lists this year but I think you’ll be thankful. We rounded up 150 things for our summer bucket list, 50 things for our fall one and now we’ve got 50 items you can check off for the ultimate Sudbury winter bucket list! Try your best to make it through and use the hashtag #ourcrater to show us what you’re up to! Are we missing something you think should be added? No problem – send us a message, we’d love to hear from you!
- Visit the Festival of Lights at Science North.
- Make a festive cocktail – we suggest one of these delicious cranberry ones.
- Take yourself on a Festive Drink tour of Sudbury and try out these delicious drinks.
- Go skating at Queen’s Athletic Field.
- Celebrate Stack Brewing’s 1000th batch on December 30th.
- Check out one of our favourite winter hiking trails.
- Binge watch Letterkenny on Crave TV.
- Try out cross country skiing at the Walden Cross Country Fitness Club.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve at one of these great events.
- Check out a concert at the Sudbury Community Arena or walk over to the Townehouse Tavern for some live music.
- Get a team together for Pond Hockey on the Rock.
- Plan the ultimate Valentine’s day date. Find out our favourite date ideas here and here.
- Rent snowshoes and hit the Laurentian Trails.
- Spend the day – or a weekend – our snowmobiling. Use this guide to find your trail.
- Grab your friends and go for a sleigh ride at Wagon Wheel Ranch.
- Check out the Banff Mountain Film Festival at All Nations Church.
- Enjoy a play at the Sudbury Theatre Centre – The Invention of Romance starts in February.
- Volunteer at the Elgin Street Mission.
- Skate on the Ramsey Lake Skating Path.
- Support the Northern Cancer Foundation at the 2018 Sudbury Community Airbandz.
- EXPLORE Sudbury with Rainbow Routes on one of their guided hikes.
- Stay warm and try out Northern Axeperts.
- Grab your friends and head to an ODR for a game of hockey.
- Check out the schedule for indoor public skating and head to one of our local arenas.
- Become a blood donor and help out our community this holiday season.
- Hit the slopes at Adanac
- Cheer on our Sudbury Wolves at one of their upcoming games.
- Join Sudbury Ultimate for Snowplate.
- Get your science on at one of Science North’s NIGHTLIFE on the Rocks events.
- Participate in MOVE – the Kivi Park Fitness Series.
- Grab your toboggan, find a hill and spend the day sliding.
- Take your family to the 2nd Annual Winter Wonderland Fun Day Festival at the Centennial Arena.
- Host a winter brunch with a fancy hot chocolate bar.
- Brave the cold and take the polar plunge in support of the Special Olympics Ontario.
- Looking for a Valentine this year? Try out Speed Dating.
- Spend a day catching up on our Crater Conversations episodes.
- Spend the day out on the lake ice fishing – use this guide from Northeastern Ontario Tourism.
- Grab your thermos and fill it with coffee (and baileys) and have a winter fire.
- Catch up on our Book Talk series with Greater Sudbury Public Library and find a new book to start reading.
- Get your craft on at DIY Craftery & Lounge.
- Spend a weekend exploring Killarney and stay at the Sportman’s Inn Resort & Marina.
- Get a head start on your gardening at the Sudbury Seedy Saturday seed exchange.
- Sign up for a cooking class at Kitchen Bits.
- Keep an eye on Guilty Pleasures Bakeshop & Bar and head over to their grand opening.
- Take a road trip to the Muskoka’s and try ice climbing with LivOutside.
- While you’re there, check out the beautiful Ice Skating Trail at Arrowhead Provincial Park.
- Catch some live music and enjoy some delicious drinks at Red Fang Tavern.
- Try out a sewing or knitting class at Sew Local Stitch Lounge.
- Catch a movie at Imagine Cinemas or check out a WomenInFilmWednesday film with Sudbury Indie Cinema Downtown.
- Go on a winter Instagram tour of our city and hit these five Instagram Hot Spots.
January 12, 2018
December 20, 2017
December 15, 2017